Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve Smartphone 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

8530 Need BB Desktop 6.0

Where can I find a safe download of BB Desktop software 6.0 series.  The BB web site only seems to have Desktop 7.0+ and I can't use it because it won't synchronize with my non-Microsoft database/calendar software.  It was installed on my desktop but I received a message that it stopped working.  So I made the mistake of uninstalling so I could reinstall.  Thank you.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: 8530 Need BB Desktop 6.0

Hi nadinac

If you really want those earlier version then check this : Archived RIM Desktop Software.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, thanks.  That is a Russian web site.  I will check elsewhere.

Elite II

[ Edited ]

nadinac wrote:

Oh, thanks.  That is a Russian web site. I will check elsewhere.

Can you share where is written that its a Russian website ? Also to mention a particular country is not good ! 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

SOLUTIONS: 8530 Need BB Desktop 6.0

1.  I found a free download at: http://blackberry-desktop-software.en.softonic.com/download.  My security software did not object and the download was identified as being from RIM.

2.  One problem with installation was that Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 was disabled.  The fix:  Control Panel/Programs/Turn Windows features on or off/Check Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1. Be sure to select both sub-categories so the check mark on the main category is visible.

3.  Once the Microsoft issue was fixed, download of the Blackberry 6.0 desktop software was easy and normal.

Very smooth.  I had saved my defaults and data files when I deleted the Blackberry Desktop software earlier so when I connected my BB 8530, the synchonization was smooth as a baby's ....

Contributor

It's the link you posted, prince2012. When I attempted to download the software, a bunch of instructions in Russian came up on the screen. Also, somewhere in the process, a URL with .ru was visible in the address bar.

Mentioning a particular country is not good? Not good for me to mention or not good for the web site to mention? If the former, why not warn others; if the latter, are you disappointed that the web site exposed itself for what it is?
Elite II

Re: SOLUTIONS: 8530 Need BB Desktop 6.0

nadinac wrote:

1.  I found a free download at: http://blackberry-desktop-software.en.softonic.com/download.  My security software did not object and the download was identified as being from RIM.

Hey nadinac

The Link you provided is an Invalid , please recheck . The above link I suggested is from BlackBerryforums.com  which consist of many BlackBerry users .Also when I tried I don't get anything as you described . So please re-check.

In addition I can see the link you provided is invalid  , so the if you are still unable to download you can try another BlackBerry user site BlackBerryOS and you can download it from here : 

http://www.blackberryos.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=110  

And FYI those downloads are also free.

Good luck 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: SOLUTIONS: 8530 Need BB Desktop 6.0

The link worked for me.  Try removing the "/download" and see what happens.  As for anything else, I now have software installed that works and that is all I care to do at this time.