Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BB 8530
My Carrier: Telecomunicaciones Movilnet C.A.

8530 NoData on 1XEV but Yes on 1X...

Regards to all of you guys!

I have a problem with my dear BB 8530.  Basically, I cannot connect to internet through BIS when I am in connection mode 1XEV, that means that I am inside the EVDO net.  Once I make a web page address request or update twitter, the device remains 10 secs trying to get response from the net and later it switches to the 1X connection mode, and is in this mode that data access works!!!!!

My mobile company gives me a procedure to apply "provisioning" to my mobile but, despite introducing new provisioning password and check all, I have been suffering this flaw on my cell phone!!!

Well, I need help! is there any diagnosis procedure to know if the problem is the cell phone or a net configuration problem???

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

Jimmy

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile (Telus Network)

Re: 8530 NoData on 1XEV but Yes on 1X...

Hey Guys!

I believe I'm having the same issue. Basically my phone only works in 1X mode when it should be in 1XEV mode as there is sufficient coverage. I can access web &data but not high speed. I will occasionally get 1Xev and 1XEV for a few seconds and if data is used it goes back to 1X.  I've already filed a ticket with Koodo Tech Support, but the issue has been going on for some time. I have confirmed that it is an issue specific to CDMA Blackberries with Telus/Koodo, but the issue has yet to be resolved.

Does anyone have any idea about what could be causing this issue or perhaps if it is on Koodo (Providers side) or Blackberry's (RIM's) end.

This has really put a sour taste in my mouth with Blackberry's as it limits what applications I can use, and kills my battery life. I get 6 hours max with little or no usage.

Any help or insight would be great. Would it be worth my time/money to contact Blackberry Tech Support?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile (Telus Network)

As of Today, the issue has been resolved. No one knows why but I'm not complaining Smiley Very Happy. Full EVDO Speeds
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Sprint

re: 1xev and no data service

I have been experiencing this same problem since August 2010 -- similar to others who have blogged.   I thought it was a problem with my carrier (Sprint), and the fact that I have to use an Airave to have any communication at all, but now I'm wondering if this isn't a BlackBerry problem.

My thought is... it seems coincidental that in August as you might recall, there was a security issue with BB, wherein foreign nations would not allow persons to have BB's on them because unlike other phones, BBs software would disallow others from reading your email... or something to that effect.

My understanding was that because of this, RIM starting upgrading their software, and it seems that since that happened (August 2010 timeframe), the BB's are experiencing data service problems.

I too, of late, am now seeing this "1xev" on my phone.  Sprint verified that this means lack of data service.  I am unable to do the provisioning thing. 

I use my BB for my business, and that means the need for email service.

I love my BB, but if I have to go to a different SmartPhone, no love lost.

Good luck to all.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Tata Indicom

I am having the same problem. I was using "1XEV" earlier and suddenly, a few days back, on restarting the phone, the EV disappeared. I have even tried updating the OS but it has not helped. In fact, in the "Mobile Network Options" the dropdown to select the "home/automatic" has also disappered.

Can someone help to get that option back?  

==
@vi