Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 8530 suddenly blocking website connection

mario1491 wrote:

If this site is some sort of "official" connection to blackberry or RIM, can someone tell me how I can get some help from someone?

This site is not an official channel for any support from, communications with, nor escalations to BlackBerry. You were the lucky recipient of attention from a BB person, and they have (from all I can see) done all they can via this unofficial channel. For truly official support, you must contact your mobile service provider and convince them to formally escalate (via channels to which only they have access) your case up to BlackBerry for enhanced support. Since you already have a ticket number, you should have formal follow-up channels available to you.

mario1491 wrote:

When your phone suddenly experiences problems, is the solution to just switch to another phone manufacutrer?

In the free market, everyone makes their own choices as to how to remedy issues they encounter.

mario1491 wrote:

Is there any way to get any help from anyone at all with the potential to get something done?  This is very frustrating. 

Yes...via the official support channels, as already noted above.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: 8530 suddenly blocking website connection

After another convesation with Sprint, they gave me a suggestion and it worked!  They had me download opera mini (mobile version) to the 8530 and if I use opera mini as a browser, I can get to anything.  They think that google must have made some sort of change that blackberry hasn't caught up with yet as it relates to the current operating system.  In any event, to anyone with the same problem:  give it a try!