Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8700c
My Carrier: TMobil

8700c bluetooth won't enable

good afternoon all!

i have an 8700c that i have unlocked after Ebay purchase to run Tmobil as my carrier. I have used my bluetooth in the past to pair with my GPS and the like. however, after a recent DM upgrade (6.0) i noticed that i cannot enable bluetooth at all.

so far i have tried resetting to factory, removing DM 6.0 and going back to 5.0 to no avail. i then did a complete wipe with JL_cmder 1.9.1 and a pretty recent version of OS (4.5.0.110) installed now. and that didn't work.

i also removed the BES IT policy from my device and DM (5.) did the wipe and re-install of 4.5.0.110 again and that hasn't helped either.

so does anyone have any other options at this point for me to try? basically i can go into my bluetooth options, click enable bluetooth, it sits for a second, doesn't do anything and says that bluetooth is disabled.

anyone have any other tips/tricks i can try? is there a way to verify that the bluetooth chip is functioning?

thanks so much!!!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8700c
My Carrier: TMobil

Re: 8700c bluetooth won't enable

according to ATT, it looks like 4.5.0.306 is the most recent version now. i am downloading that to give it a try as well.

the BB was originally on Cingular if that matters (before i unlocked it). gracias!