Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8800
My Carrier: optus
Accepted Solution

8800 Intermittent Connecting to recharge

I have an 8800 and had only few problems until now. When I plug into the wall socket charger, it starts to charge for a few seconds then drops out. Same thing if I plug into USB. Also can not get a permanent connection to the desktop any more. Is this a software or hardware problem. Naturally it is just out of warranty. If I plug and unplug a few times, it will charge for a while, but drops out for no reason.

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 8800 Intermittent Connecting to recharge

Do you have any other charger you can try?

A different battery?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks, I have chargers, both wall and car, plus various min-USB comoputer connectors. I have now found that one of the car systems will charge the battery if I play with the connector a bit and hold it in the best position for a short while, then seems to charge. Looks like it must be the connector in the phone. I will have a try at cleaning and see waht happens.

Highlighted
New Contributor

After using an expensive contact cleaner and a very small brush on the phone USB socket, the problem still exists. Looking at the contacts through a magnifying eyeglass, they are not dirty. My opionion is that one year is about the life limit on this phone. I can still get it to connect to my computer by holding the plug in a certain way by trial and error, same thing will all methods of charging. It is a pain, but seems the only solution if I want to keep this phone.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have a battery icon with a red line on my 8800 an wont start pls help me
New Contributor

You need to post your question on a new subject. This posting was one I had with my connectors. The only thing I know about the red line is that the battery is low and needs to be charged. You need to plug a charger into the mini USB port on the side as per the manual and see if the battery icon changes to show yellow with a black plug at the end also as per the manual. Other than that I do not know. As I said, I only had connector problems.