Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

8800 Media Player

my Media Player does not play video clips, like m4v, mp4,3gp etc. It only plays a 3gp, taken from a phone in the past. I may hear the sound, but no picture. Help?
New Contributor

Re: 8800 Media Player

I'm having the same problem.  It says in the guidance that these files need to be

Simple Profile, 320x240 pixels, up to 768 kbps, 24 frames per second

I suspect the videos downloaded from ITUNES are not simple profile.  Problem is how do we convert video files (i.e. MP4, M4V) to simple profile.  Please can someone help my children who are desperate to watch the Nickleback Rockstar video on the BB.

Thanks

Steve

Highlighted
New Contributor

if you use the desktop manager supplied by your phone company's website it has a media manager that will convert your videos for you. type it in to google search and it should come up. pretty simple interface too just find the folder where your videos are stored and your good to go.

New Contributor

Thanks for responding to request.  I used Media Player to move the video file from my computer onto my media card but I don't get the video just the music - so it can't be converting the file.  Am I missing something - apart from the obvious? When I play the video on ITUNES - no problem - so I know the file is good. 

Thanks

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Please read this link, is the list with supported files

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15645&sliceId=2&docTy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

Thanks for the response - however the file formats are only for the Media Sync programme which does not sync video files from ITUNES - only Audio files (which isn't a problem).  I want to watch video files (i.e. M4V files downloaded from ITUNES) on my blackberry - has anyone been able to do this?

Thanks