Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

8800 will not pair with Kenwood DNX6140

The Kenwood stereo in my car is asking me for a PIN number for the blackberry in order to pair with it via bluetooth. I don't know what that is.... I know the Kenwood initial PIN is 0000.

Any clues?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 8800 will not pair with Kenwood DNX6140

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Does 0000 not work?

Here's an article about pairing, not for your device specifically, but perhaps it'll be helpful.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14152&slic...

Let us know how it goes.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for the link. I had actually come across that in the tech support section, but ignored it as it was not my phone nor (unfortunately) my car! I'll take a try tonight when I get home.

0000 did not work.

New Contributor

last night hte 0000 pin number worked, however, after I punched in the Kenwood PIN number on the blackberry (also 0000), I got an error message on my BB that said 'uncaught exception error" and some other jargon.

It still does not work....

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Ooo...uncaught exception...time for a reboot...

With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, this one suffers from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure. Some have taken to doing this on a recurring basis as a preventive measure.

Best!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks. Will give this a try tonight and post back tomorrow or friday (i'm on the road tomorrow and posting to this forum from my BB is a challenge!).
New Contributor

Took the battery out while the phone was on. Waited a while and put it back it. Re-paired the phone. Still got the uncaught exception error....

My employer just ordered a BB8310 for me to replace this 2 yr old 8800. At this point, I will probably just wait and try again next week with the new phone.

Thanks.

Hall of Famer III

Probably your best approach. Best!

New Contributor

I received the new BB8310 and it paired up with the Kenwood quickly. Works like a charm!
Hall of Famer III

Excellent!

If you get a moment, can  you mark this thread as solved so that others can more easily find your solution?

Thanks!