Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8830 Case--Broken in 3 weeks--Norm?

It took six months for mine to break, and with only a minor runaround I got from Verizon the replacement that Blackberry says is the right SKU. It has a different swivel arrangement.  The original design is defective: the rivet hole is too close to the edge of the plastic plate. I liked the original design, and it should not have been hard to correct the defect. But if this replacement fails I'll go for one of the alternatives in this thread.
New Contributor

Just visited the Tessco webiste and see that they offer what appears to be the exact replacement of the original case.  RIM says Verizon "holds the warranty" [obligation?] and chose to provide the replacement they did, it ain't RIM's responsibility.  Moreover, RIM says they are not responsible for the parts sold by Tessco that carry the Blackberry brand name, that although Tessco seems to say they are made by/for RIM, RIM says thay are made by Tessco.  Why does this minor matter annoy me so much? 

How did you order one from the Blackbery site?  I was not able to find out how to order one from the BB site, and cannot get one from my provider (Verizon Wireless).  I would prefer the OEM model.