Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry 8830
My Carrier: verizon

8830 microphone & Keyboard

[ Edited ]

Dear Sir,

Few days i buyed the blckberry 8830 (world edition by verizon.i reside at india.and not able to use my handset.

Problems :-

1. while talking outgoing voice (audio sound) is not reachable or soundable to the another user.

2. My handset keypad is not working properly.some keys are working and rest are not working.

Kindly give me the proper solution for this issues.Not using my handsets anyhow.

fedup up all the situation.kindly help me

Regards,

Bishnupriya

Solutions: 6,421
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Tell us your story

The 8830 model is about five years old... passed the end of life time a couple years ago.

1. check and see if you can use the voice recorder on the device, to determine if the handset microphone works at all?

2. Keypads often go bad due to moisture issues, even just being in a high humidity environment, as in left on a bathroom counter during a hot steamy shower, or even extreme humid weather.

I doubt your 8830 has any warranty left on it, as it is not sold in India, and you must have bought the device used.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code