Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8830 wont sync with new Desktop Manager

Fix worked for me, but duplicated a lot of entries. Did this happen to anyone else?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did a wipe and restore on the phone. Now my contacts are syncing, but it duplicated a lot of them. On top of that, I can't delete any number of the contacts. I choose, "delete" and nothing happens. Can't edit some of the contacts either, I get an error saying that it was "modified externally and changes will be lost."

I lost many hours on this today, and I'm going to be losing a few more.

On top of that, I've been living high without that frickin' trackball bug since July. Now, I have it.

Thanks a lot, RIM.

What about, at minimum, a bug fix for the trackball issue? 

Message Edited by alonfed on 10-02-2009 11:52 PM
New Contributor

Hey,

I face the same problems. I am really upset! I can't sync my contacts and additionally I lost all my data on my blackberry, since I re-installed the operating system software. 

Hopefully Blackberry is working that problem. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING SOME SOLUTIONS!!! Hurry up, (please) !

Empirestate 

New Contributor

Hey just a very short and only temporary solution. 

For those who have (or will have) a gmail account. 

Go with you bberry browser to this page: m.google.com/go 

Download the application and install it.

How to update your contact book on gmail:

Export all you vcards from your (Mac) Contact Book and save them on your mac. 

Go to you gmail account and import them.  

For those which have a limited date. Chance the options to Manual sync in the gmail application.  

And then sync.  

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 9700

Hey everyone, 

Hopefully this helps some people; for those of you experiencing a "Persistent Store Migration Failed" error", here is a link to a KB that deals with this issue 

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB19682 

-tg

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

After many reinstalls and one complete (but accidental) clear and reinstall operating system of my bberry, it seems the Contacts and Notes are syncing.  However, it still hangs up when syncing iCal.  The new data is put into the bberry but it doesn't recognize the old data (if the old data is there and I try to sync I get duplicates of everything) so I have been clearing the Calendar databases on the bberry before syncing.  I left the sync running for a long time but it hung up and I need to Force Quit everytime - although the data does transfer at least one way.  Not ideal since it means I can't enter anything on the bberry calendar and have it sync.  Anyone have any thoughts?  For those trying to figure out solutions, I turned my Mobile Me sync to Manual so that Mobile Me would not be accessing the iCal at the same time the bberry was trying to sync with it but that didn't help.  RIM may want to figure out if people with Mobile Me need to turn it off of automatic or not.
Contributor

Yep, I've managed to get most of the syncing to work, now, after all kinds of different ways of wasting my time.

But ... iCal syncing is still not working. It either hangs, or just dies.

I still can't believe that RIM aren't apologising for such a mess, and I am still waiting for someone/anyone to resolve the iCal sync issue. 

I also had the same problem with contacts but found a solution.  On first use, I started with the recommended action of replacing all my contacts.  They would either not sync to Blackberry at all, or some would sync, or some would and others were only names without details.  

I noticed that contacts from imported vcards were consistently complete.  So I exported all my contacts as vcards.  Deleted all of them in my mac Address Book. Then I imported the vcards back into Address Book. 

Did a battery pull (superstition).  Then sync.

This is a quick solution but maybe not the most elegant.   However at least now I can do my job.   

The drawback is that all 1200 of my imported contacts are un-categorized. This suggests to me that Desktop manager does not handle categories - any feedback on this is appreciated.  

Contributor

I have a brand new program.  Everything worked great for a couple of days.  Then it started this sync error.  I did a full wipe out of my BB and restored everything from my oldest backup that had no problems.  Then tried to do a sync and the sync error continues.  This is BB: 8900.  OS: 10.5.8  USB direct sync.

New Contributor

First - thanks for the solution to the problem. I was still a bit confused by it because I didn't have the same folder you described.

What I would recommend you do is:

Download the Blackberry Desktop for Mac Installer

When you open the folder on your desktop to install the application, there is an UNINSTALL application in that folder.

Run the Uninstaller

Then run the Installer

I was able to sync my calendar...still a little gunshy to start working on the contacts tonight.

Just thought I'd share this with the other people on here that had possibly just dragged the application and folder to the trash as their "uninstall" and were still having sync errors when reinstalling the application.