Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: ATT

8900 Echo Callers hear themselves so loud they are afraid to talk at times...

After about 2 days of use callers complain about an echo, if I hard reboot device [ remove battery ] callers do not complain for 2-3 days.  I am on my second phone, ATT used the warranty to replace the phone after my numerous complaints about this echo problem.

If I turn the volume down very low, callers do not hear it as bad, or if I use the bluetooth, they do not report this echo.

I can sometimes hear a faint one when I speak as well, WI-FI is enabled, BlueTooth is enabled, Facebook and Google Maps app loaded, Bolt Browser installed...  Phone is just a couple months old, this refurb is a couple months newer than my previous model...  Latest software loaded on PC, phone fully updated...

I have searched the web and found numerous reports, some with OtterBox, which I use, some without.

Problem exists with or without OtterBox on phone...

Tried to reach RIM over this matter as I doubt ATT has much knowledge of another companies products, found this was only method to report problems since no support available to end users like other companies...  ??   Man Sad

New Contributor

Re: 8900 Echo Callers hear themselves so loud they are afraid to talk at times...

No one here has any issues with echo on this model of phone?

It now has this echo when using the bluetooth device, I can hear myself talk too...

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: 8900 Echo Callers hear themselves so loud they are afraid to talk at times...

I have the same problem except my carrier is T-Mobile....

I am on my 5th phone and still the problem isn't fixed.......

This problem started in February of this year, here I am 10 months later!

New Contributor

Maybe it isn't the phone but the providers or the towers??

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: AT & T

Yes!! I often have complaints of an echo and sometimes hear my own voice echoing as well on my Curve 8900.  Please let me know if anyone finds an answer on this one...............

New Contributor
My Device: bb curve 8900
My Carrier: att

Echo is not caused by the phone itself. It is caused by the connection made and might be happening when you are connecting to a cell tower that isn't specifically owned by your carrier. I have had probably 20 different cell phones and they all experience echo at some point.

My Carrier: T-Mobil

Me too, I hear it from my friends all the time that I echo. This really sucks. I wiped the phone and it worked until I restored all my contacts from the backup. They say it's the phone so $10.00 more for a new phone to have it happen again. It really sucks. I don't understand that if I have my headset on its fixed but without it does not.  Puzzling. None of the other phones in the house do it at all. Only the Blackberry. So any help is greatly appreciated.

RC

Highlighted
My Carrier: T-Mobil

If anyone has an OtterBox case this is the root of some of the problems. The are defective and if you call the company they will send a new updated version for free.

RC