Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

8900 OS upgrade mistake

[ Edited ]

I am embarassed to say this, but I screwed up my 8900 while upgrading the OS. I was going from 4.6.1.152 to 4.6.1.168 and I made a mistake that I really shouldn't have. I knew that I had to delete the 'vendor.xml' file but instead of looking in c:/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader, I looked in c:/program files/research in motion and of course didn't find the 'vendor.xml file.

Needless to say, my Rogers Curve is messed up now. There is no messages folder, wi-fi doesn't work, and when the phone resets, it freezes on the Rogers splash screen

I have tried wiping it and starting over, but that still seems to leave the OS which is the problem. I need to clear the OS and then do a fresh install.

I have done OS upgrades many many times. I just got careless this time and paid for it.  I have JL_Cmder, but I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly. It doesn't seem to do anything after I type in 'blackberry'. The only way I wiped it before was on the device. 

I have also tried resending the service books and that has not helped. Please help.  

Edit: I have been trying to uninstall the OS from my PC, but it hasn't been working. I keep getting this error: "Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action."

Any idea of how to get around this? I need to delete the OS so I can do a fresh install. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Message Edited by jforce on 03-02-2009 11:11 AM
BlackBerry® Z10
Editor
www.berryreview.com