Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

8900 Sync issue: "Blackberry Desktop Manager has stopped working"

Curve 8900 on T-Mobile.  Sync worked fune until a few days ago.  Recently used the Blackberry site to update all software after I got a message on my phone to do so (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/update/). Now, halfway through sync (either Bluetooth or USB), Windows tells me that "Blackberry Desktop Manager has stopped working".  It always stops working at the step where Desktop Manager is processing the device calendar.

I have tried every trick I can think of: uninstalling and reinstalling, updating Outlook, turning off Windows Defender, used USB and Bluetooth, used the T-Mobile site and the RIM site... nothing.  HELP!

Desktop Manager v5.0.0.11

Handheld Software v4.6.1.231

Windows Defender is OFF

Sync to Outlook 2007

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: 8900 Sync issue: "Blackberry Desktop Manager has stopped working"

If you uncheck the calendar does the sync go through?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Thanks... Yes. I configured the sync to not process the calendar, and it went through. But the calendar is the component I update the most, so I hope you've got a next step for me! 

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Could mean that the calendar database on the BlackBerry is corrupt. Are the entries in Outlook more up to data than the ones on the BlackBerry? If so you could try clearing the BlackBerry database, then syncing again. To clear the database on the BlackBerry, go into Backup and Restore | Advanced. On the right hand side you'll see the BlackBerry's databases. So you can select the calendar, then hit the Clear button. That will remove all the entries from the BlackBerry calendar. Afterwards try synching.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

That did the trick!  Thank you!

Luckily, every appointment except for one was up to date in Outlook. 

New Contributor

Problem is I cannot even get DM to work if my device connected it would crash before I do anything..I am convinced something must be corrupt on my device as it did the same with a freshly installed DM on another PC and my wife's BB works perfectly in terms of sync with both PCs...
any help highly appreciated
My Device: 9700 BOLD
My Carrier: VIVO - Brazil

Perfect Hint. Worked and I solve the problem that was driving me crazy.

Regards !