Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8900 and IMAP Setup

Hello,

BB newbie here.  I am migrating from an iPhone.  I am having two issues I cannot get around. I have an IMAP email account that I use on my iPhone and computer.  I set this email account up on my Curve 8900.  I can receive the email on my 8900, but if I delete the email on the 8900, it does not remove it from the server.  Also, if I delete it on the server, it stays on my 8900.

The second is When I click on the Message folder, I get everything.  Sent and received email.

Is this normal for BB?

Thanks in advance! 

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: 8900 and IMAP Setup

Hi Oriontool, 

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forum.

For delete item synchronization go to Message -> Options -> Email Reconciliations -> Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld.

By default all the sent and received emails will be shown in the same folder. However, if you don't want see the sent items then go to  Message -> Options -> General Options -> Hide Sent Messages: Yes

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Hi tanzim,

Thank you!  That worked.  So I understand, I am used to seeing folders (sent, inbox, etc..). I take it that is not the way a BlackBerry works? 

Thanks again!

Oriontool 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Folders are available as part of the BES enterprise integration. BIS email delivery is not designed to handle folders.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I still seem to have not quite grasped the total BB concept. Smiley Happy  I am receiving email on my BB and on my computer via IMAP.  However, if I view the email on my BB, it does not show read on my computer and vice versa.  Plus if I delete the email from either my computer or BB, it does not delete it from the other.

Any way to solve this?

Thanks in advance! 

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Oriontool wrote:

I still seem to have not quite grasped the total BB concept. Smiley Happy  I am receiving email on my BB and on my computer via IMAP.  However, if I view the email on my BB, it does not show read on my computer and vice versa.  Plus if I delete the email from either my computer or BB, it does not delete it from the other.

Any way to solve this?

Thanks in advance! 

Maybe...it depends on many many factors. See this KB:

KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................