Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: phone 8900 curve
My Carrier: t-mobile

8900 crashing

Hey,  I've had a blackberry 8900 for less than a year and love it, except one thing.  My phone keeps crashing every now and then.  It happens when i'm using it and when i'm not.  When it crashes the screen goes black and the red light at the top comes on.  Pressing buttons doesn't do anything, it just comes back on within a minute or two.  When coming back on i get the white screen with the clock on it, and then it loads as normal with 100% security check passed.  Can anyone tell me why this happens and how to stop it?  please don't say it's broken Smiley Sad

Thanks

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 8900 crashing

Quite honestly, it sounds like a it is rebooting, and the manner you describe is what happens: black screen and the red LED flashes, to a white screen with the clock to reboot to the verifying security.

It is likely some third party application or theme you have loaded... most of the time the culprit in things like this.

For now, do two things... a simple reboot: With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

I wonder if you have a loose battery connection? You can also try placing a business card on top of the battery or a folded sheet of paper there and replace the door. Make note if the spontaneous rebooting perists and post back here.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code