07-18-2009 12:41 PM - last edited on 07-18-2009 01:40 PM by MohA
I have a Windows XP SP3 as well and I have a simillar problem and it manifests itself as follows:
1. During Installation of Desktop Manager 4.7 the process hangs for long time (5-10) minutes but eventually finishes.
2. When I connect my Blackberry Curve 8900 it was not recognized.
3. I went to device manager and I saw an unknown device.
4. I tried to update driver and windows could not find suitable driver.
5. Then I tried to assign driver manually I got a big warning that Blackberry Smartphone driver is not compatible with my hardware. The message also had a scarry warning that if I try to install it it may crash the operating system and do other horrors. I decided to give it a try... it did not kill my computer, but it took one CPU core out by utilizing it 100% :-) Any actions on this device in device manager hung forever.
6. So, I rebooted into safe mode, manually removed the driver from file system, rebuted as normal and removed Desktop Manager from my computer.
7. Now I'm waiting for RIM to come up with a fix.
07-18-2009 02:03 PM - edited 07-18-2009 02:04 PM
I have an 8900 with AT&T - the latest Desktop Manager version they approve is 4.6.
I once tried 4.7 but had problems and went back to 4.6.
I also run Windows XP Pro with SP3 and all subsequent updates, DM 4.6 and an 8900 and everything works perfectly and is stable.