03-12-2009 02:39 PM
I have a 8900 that has not worked properly since day one. It is on the Rogers Network in Canada
Here are the Problems.
1. You try to use voice dialing and it says insufficient memory
2. When you answer the phone, it still shows the calling screen
3. When you are on the first call you can not answer and other incoming call
4. Some applications refuse to close, In order to get memory you have to press Alt and arrow key to close them which works sometimes
5. The battery life is not as good as what is claimed
6. The back cover has been loose from day one
Rogers admitted the phone is defective but will only exchange it for a refurbished phone.
They have reloaded the software and no change.
I like the look and feel of the phone but I am very disappointed.
I am working with Rogers office of the President to help resolve the issue and to get a new phone. It is not good.
Does anybody know about these problems?
Do you know if RIM will help?
03-13-2009 01:36 AM
In your case i accept a refurbished phone.
The people don't know that more than 50% of the times the "refurbished phone" is not a refurbished is new one, is simply a replacement handset, but let me explain something, tell the customer center representative you loose the back cover, if not you can receive a new phone without the cover.