Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Three

8900 on Three?

Hi, I just recently purchased an unlocked Blackberry 8900 phone which I placed my current contracts sim card in. My sim's contract includes mobile internet, just wondering how I can use this on my blackberry?

I can set up the Blackberry to use my wifi connection no problem, just can't figure how to set it up to use the mobile internet included in my price plan?

Also when I try to install the Blackberry Appworld, it says my device is not supported - even when I try viewing on the Blackberry's browser and connecting to my laptop! Why is this?

Many thanks!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 8900 on Three?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

"Mobile Internet" likely means a generic data plan. You can use only a limited set of a BB's functions with that. For all BB-specific functions, you need a data plan that is specific to BB services. This is likely why you also can't get to AppWorld as it requires a BB-specific plan. I suggest you determine exactly the services you desire to have on this BB and then talk to your carrier about what plan (from them) would be required to activated your desired services.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Would they be able to change my plan, as I'm not even about half way through the contract I don't think.

Also, what would three offer which would let me able to take full advantage of my Blackberry?

Thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

I have no idea what a carrier can do, will offer, etc. They all have different things making it difficult to keep track of them all (I can hardly keep track of VZW!!). I suggest you do as I advised in the final sentence of my post above...this will provide you with all of the answers you are looking for.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Solutions: 6,417
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, Three can change your plan, it will likely be an add-on or upgrade and therefore not interfere with your current contract, but as sdgarne stated, only Three can say.

And yes Three in Australia does offer full BlackBerry services.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Does UK Three offer full blackberry services?

Thanks for everyones help.

Hall of Famer III

Again -- we cannot know...only Three can know. You must ask them.

New Contributor

I will try and get down to the store maybe at the weekend and see what they can do for me.

Thank you!

Hall of Famer III

In advance, maybe their website would have some information for you?

Solutions: 6,417
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

andrewfx wrote:

Does UK Three offer full blackberry services?

Thanks for everyones help.

I probably missed where you said you live in the UK.  Smiley Wink

Yes, they do.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code