Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Blackberry

8900, "screen of death"

hello. i own a blackberry 8900, and i looked up my problem on the internet and says the issue is also known as, the "screen of death"?? 

Basically, whenever i turn on my phone, the screen is basically fuzzy and does nothing!

However, if i use the USB cable, i can still access all my files on my laptop.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem at all??

Or, can anyone provide me with the UK contact number of Blackberry, as im struggling to find it myself.

Quick responses would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 8900, "screen of death"

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Interesting...I know of no formal or official description of "screen of death". Smiley Tongue Further, "basically fuzzy" isn't really giving me much more to go on. So, lacking clear description (or posted screen shots...always most helpful!!) there is nothing left to do but to guess.

It sounds like a hardware problem with your BB. The reason you can't find support direct from RIM is because it does not exist. Front line support for BB's is, by contract, not provided by RIM. The carriers and authorized resellers are responsible for ALL front line formal support to end users. It is possible to bypass your carrier and seek assistance direct from RIM, but such involves fees since you are bypassing your support agreement with your carrier. The "Support and Services" tab toward the top of these forum pages provide information about that. But, if you do go through your carrier for support, they can escalate into RIM at no fee to you if they so choose to.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................