Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

9300 Curve BIS emails with BES policy.

Had a 8820 that just got replaced with a 9300.  On the 8820 I had it setup on BIS to send me 2 external email accounts.  The policy my phone was assigned did not allow internet access, but BIS still pushed the emails to my phone.  I just couldn't send messages through my phone through those mail systems.

Now I got a 9300 and I updated BIS with my new phone.  It had the same policy and would not work.  I changed my policy through BES to one with internet access but it would not work either.  It would not work until I disabled policies on my phone altogether.  I can not leave policies disabled on my phone here at work so I need to know the underlying cause.

The 8820 was on 4.x OS while the 9300 is OS6.  But what in the policies could block BIS emails from being received on my phone? and why only on the 9300 and not the8820?

I did work with Rogers suppor t and they could see that BIS was pulling and sending the mail to my phone, but something on my phone was blocking it through policies

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 9300 Curve BIS emails with BES policy.

Well, let me be the first to say that the device handles the policy "Allow Other Message Services" differently then the old phone.

on the 8820 this was set to false and I was still able to recieve but not send messages.  So on this 9300 running OS 6 it does not work.  I have set the policy to true and message are now arriving on my phone.