Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

9300 : Reboots Itself (no possible solution yet, done everything there on google)

Device info

My mobile connection is Vodafone (India, Delhi). (if this anyhow is important)

Blackberry 9300 6.0 Bundle 2342 (v6.0.0.526 Platform 6.6.0.195)

Apps and free space

Free Memory:

31492192 Bytes

Did a battery pull fix your issue?

NO

Apps installed and their versions

Facebook (updated)

Whatsapp (updated)

Well this is actually my third blackberry curve 3G. The first one I purchased was 1.5+ years back had some issues with trackball, so I gave it to the service center guys, they repaired it and sent it back. Then after few days it started having problems and started rebooting on its own. I sent them again, then repaired and sent back. Sadly the problem was not solved. Then I sent again, so they gave me a new model. Then THE BRAND NEW BLACKBERRY CURVE 9300, started rebooting again and again, so I sent again. Welll I got so irritated with this phone that I started using Blackberry Storm. Now due to some compulsions I have to switch back to my stupid Blackberry Curve 9300 and its just been 4 or 5 days and I have purchased a new battery and possibly done everything to get it working, but it won't work.

Throughout this duration of a year and a half, more than 8 or 9 months my phone was in the service center or in such a condition where it couldnt be used.  So now for me the warranty period is also over. Which I find totally unfair, and yes if anyone wants to debate over this, please put yourself in my shoes first.

1. The problem actually is that this phone reboots the moment I start using it. I open whatsapp, send my friend "Hi" then WAIIITTTT everything stops, and kaboom, my phone restarts.
  2. Also when I talk on phone (this is rare), it automatically switches off its connection and then I get a call failed, I am sure there is no issue with the network.
  3. It hangs more than ever, I get the loading icon for such long durations and when it has gone, the moment I open Media Player it reboots.

So long story short, all my phone knows is how to reboot 61 times in 1 minute.

What all I have done till now, let me tell you :

1. Removed battery waited for 5,10,15,20......100 minutes put back and restarted.
  2. Removed battery and sim card and started without sim card.
  3. Removed battery and memory card and rebooted without memory card.
  4. Swapped 3 batteries.
  5. Reloaded the OS / Installed latest operating system.
  6. Restore Factory settings.
  7. Kept phone in my pocket and took it out after an hour and saw it rebooting.

And my phone is as good as new, not even a single scratch on it.

The problem that I have from Blackberry Service Officials is that

1. Neither am I getting compensated on my warranty period
  2. Neither am I getting the solution to my problems.
  3. A phone which is of Rs 13,000 when purchased I have to spend Rs 6000-7000 to get it repaired
  4. Neither am I able to do any work with it
  5. Irrespective of the replacements of my phone, the problem yet has not been solved.
  6. Even when the phone was in the service center for months I still have to suffer on warranty period.
  7. If have replaced the phone then you should give a new warranty period as well.

I really want the officials to read it. If you need my personal information, then I am a Student who cannot afford new phones every odd day without any fault of his.

Thankyou,

All regards and Respect Smiley Happy

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 9300 : Reboots Itself (no possible solution yet, done everything there on google)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

While I do sympathize with your situation, please refer to this information provided at the top of every page of this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

It is extremely unlikely that anyone will, in this forum, provide you any formal response to your issue as this site is not for the purpose of escalation...rather, it is a user-to-user community of volunteers who try to help each other out.

As such, the only thing I can advice is that you continue to pursue with your original place of purchase, your service center, and perhaps even your carrier. Perhaps one of them will take pity on your situation and grant you some dispensation from the contractual terms that govern your transaction.

I cannot tell, however, from your post if you wish to attempt anything on your own or if you just want to leave it to the formal channels already in place. There are some diagnostic tests we could give you to try and rule in/out various causes, but I hesitate to offer that to you as it seems like you are preferring to stay with your in-person formal support (which might be wise in any event).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: 9300 : Reboots Itself (no possible solution yet, done everything there on google)

I am sorry as I didn't know its a user-user based forum. Please let me know of Ll possible solutions youcould suggest. Let me try some more now. Thank you
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

If the behavior continues in Safe mode, then you will need to consider more drastic measures -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBASK wipe/reload, tedious "bare bones" OS loading process, etc.

Also do keep in mind that if the problem is hardware, all we will be able to do is deduce to that being a most likely cause...but we cannot truly diagnose a hardware problem. Only a qualified technician with the device in their hands can provide a proper diagnosis and estimate for hardware issues.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................