Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9310
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

9310 Can't play youtube videos using blackberry browser

[ Edited ]
Just got a blackberry curve 9310 on Verizon last week. I am using it with our corporate bes server for email. We don't have restrictions that I know that would limit things. I noticed that the youtube app as well as the browser, open the youtube site, but there doesn't seem t be a way to play videos in the browser. I try clicking the picture of the video, but no luck. It look like the web site has some kind of embedded app, since I can chane settings and click to like or unlike videos. If I use opera mini I can play videos from youtube. I have tried updating the youtube app. I have also tried removing the battery. Resending host routing and service books. Everything else seems to work fine on the phone ( data apps, web pages, etc). My OS version is 7.1.0.539 Any ideas? Also, I have tried on 3G and wifi.
My Device: Curve-9310
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 9310 Can't play youtube videos using blackberry browser

I'm having the same issue with the same phone and provider.
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Hi. I seem ti be haivng the same issue where i am unale to play any youtube videos in the default browser. Had been watching videos all day yesterday until at night all of a sudden ran ino this issue. No updates or upgrades to OS. Not sure what the issue could be and can not seem to find a solution online. The only difference is that i have a bold9900 and a different carrier.

New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: 7.1

I have prob _ wen I go to youtube ...I cannot click on the play sign (there is no link click)
Highlighted
New Contributor

P.s I hav a 9360
New Contributor

Pls sum 1 help
New Contributor
My Device: Curve9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

i have the same problem exept on the 9320

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9220
My Carrier: airtel

i am facing the same issue on my blackberry curve 9220 Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9370
My Carrier: at&t

[ Edited ]

I am having this exact same problem and it only began to happen last night.  I am unable to click the play button on the YouTube page.  There were no updates or even restarts of my phone so I have no idea what the problem is.  Help is much appreciated and I feel its about time RIM fixed their d*mn browser.

P.S. I am on a Curve 9370 with at&t as my provider.

My Device: bold 9970
My Carrier: orange

I'm having the same problem but with a Bold 9970, i click on the youtube image to play but nothing... i have also tried removing the battery several times but still it does not play, this has been happening now for 3 days but if someone was to send me an actual link of the video it loads up and plays........ I don't know whats going on.