Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

9320 Not able to send email with out using data ?? my old 8130 could

Hello all.

I recently  purchased a 9320 to replaced the 8130 (I lost) . It seems that 9320 is not able to send an email without using DATA.  When using my old  8130 I had the option of sending "text"  messages as an Email. That phone was on the most basic voice & text plan with no data. It was very cost effective and convenient.   Is there a setting or some other option I am missing on my 9320 ?? I just assumed that being a newer blackberry  this feature would still be available ?

Thank you.

my9320

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: 9320 Not able to send email with out using data ?? my old 8130 could

No, you need a special data plan to have your email work on your 9320.

Cheers! Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Re: 9320 Not able to send email with out using data ?? My old 8130 could

Thank you mondi21 for the answer.

Does anyone know why my 8130 could send an Email (as a text) using no data?  What is this feature called ?  Was the 8130 the only phone in the blackberry line up that had this feature?  

Thank you. 

my9320