Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: studen
Accepted Solution

9320 needs help!

Hello everyone!
I bought my first 9320 Blackberry Curve in May and I downloaded the last software on July (version 7.1 2093), and I can't find any further version.

Now, when I try to connect my mobile to the market, it tells me I have to download the latest version (even if I am doing it using my PC or the WI-FI connection), and if I go to www.blackberry.com/appworld/support to download it, it tells me there's an error (503, if I remember).

I also tried to make the download sent to my e-mail but it doesn't work anyway!
So the problem is that I can't connect my Blackberry to its market trough PC or even use it from my mobile.

Can anyone help me?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 9320 needs help!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

Please try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thank you! I've done what you told me to... But when I click on the site to install AppWorld, it tells me the service is unavailable (http error 503), so I can't download it!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Please check these to see if they apply:

• KB10659 Clicking a link from an email message generates HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable
  • KB04828 “HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable” appears when a web page is browsed on the BlackBerry smartphone

Also, did you buy your BB truly new? Or was it 2nd hand and previously used?

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Yeah it is new for sure, however I tried to use another connection so now it works! Thank you so much, you really helped me!

Hall of Famer III

You are welcome...I'm glad you found a solution that worked. Cheers!

Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: wind mobile

I found that the Firmware from Windmobile is not valid. When installed on a Windows 7 machine the publisher is unknown.

Hall of Famer III

While rare, that can indeed happen. Fortunately, the process exists such that you are not limited to just one carriers OS package.

Good luck!

Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: wind mobile

You may want to look at the youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uheCCn8WW3E

Youtube called Blackberry fake firmware for the 9320 for the windmobile carrier