Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Aliant

9360 Battery!!! Help i'm having some major troubles!

I've been having a crazy amount of troubles with my BB curve 9360 lately. Lately my battery will be at full, or 3/4, then it will either say "battery drained, shutting down handheld" (even though the battery is full!!) or it will just randomly shut itself off. Then, when I power my phone back on, the battery is completely drained! Its happened to me three times today alone. I'll just start to use it and it will do that. And I need my phone at all times for work so i can't have this happening.

Any suggestions?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 9360 Battery!!! Help i'm having some major troubles!

Unless your phone is older than, say, 18 months old, I'm going to suggest it's a software issue.  If that's the case, the best remedy for a software issue is a battery pull.  I've recommended battery pulls hundreds of times because they work.  So, while your phone is powered on (and it MUST be powered on for it to work), remove your battery then replace it a minute later.  Once you've done that, recharge your battery and see if you encounter these issues again.

Please keep us posted on your progress.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Aliant

Re: 9360 Battery!!! Help i'm having some major troubles!

I've had my phone for about a year and a half now. And I've done a battery pull with no luck, it keeps doing it.