Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

9360 - cannot sync contacts with gmail

I have a curve 9360 7.1 Bundle 1647.  I have been unable to sync my contacts with my gmail account. It was a nuisance before, but it is essential that I get this done now. I have read all the posts regarding wireless synchronization, and cannot find anything to shut off wireless sync. The contacts are greyed out on the synchronization page of BB Desktop software. I have Windows 8 on my laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: 9360 - cannot sync contacts with gmail

Hi palmerbear

palmerbear wrote:

The contacts are greyed out on the synchronization page of BB Desktop software. 

Have you disabled wireless contact sync with the email account with which you already set it up ? 

To Turn off Wireless sync try this : Open your Address book or Contacts - press the menu key - Options - Contact list ( your email id ) Click on it - then on that screen Unmark Wireless Sync then save. 

Or refer to this KB Article :

KB22430 : How to enable or disable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.