Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

9360 does not charge

Using the supplied charger and also Belkin charger my 9360 will not charge.

However using same USB cable it charges via my computer USB port.

Have new battery.

How can I get it to charge normally

Thankyou

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 9360 does not charge

Hello,

From what you describe, either the outlet into which you plug the OEM charger is bad, or the charger itself is bad...it does seem that the cable is OK.

To test, you have to narrow down the possibilities. Plug something else into that same outlet and see if it works...be sure to use something that you know 100% works (e.g., works fine on a different outlet)...if it does, then the outlet is ruled out as causal, and your OEM charger is deduced to be the root cause. You would need to seek replacement.

Good luck!

PS -- please don't use a non-OEM charger.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

It is bizarre.

Using supplied plug/cable charger it does not work on this 9360 but does on the other one I have.

However it works when I use cableand plug into usb on PC.

When I wiggle lrad it shows chargibg zfor a few seconds then stops. Seems to me the inlet it defective. Could this be?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Yes, that certainly could be the problem. There are plenty of reports of USB/charging ports on devices being damaged, with behavior exactly as you describe.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Can the usb port be fixed?
Hall of Famer III

Only a qualified hardware technician, with the device in their hands to evaluate, can provide you a proper diagnosis and estimate. I recommend you find a local (to you) shop with such a technician and seek their in-person support.

Good luck!