11-06-2013 06:08 AM
Its so frustrating, my handset was heating up and drained baterry from 90% - 0% in less than an hour , i downloaded the desktop manager in oder to update my device software ,the DM wanted to update after i plugged in the handset , so i updated the DM , after the PC restart my handset would not connect giving this error message - RIM handheld Communications has stopped working.
How do i solve this , am trowing away another blacberry ??????
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-06-2013 06:21 AM
For this I think you need to reload the software of your device. You can do this by following the steps below.
1. Go to google on the field type in ( blackberry software update ( name of your carrier ) )
2. download the device software
3. install it on your computer.
4. once installed plug your device into the computer ( without the battery)
5. go to Computer / C driver / program files ( x86 ) / Common files / research in motion / app loader / LOADER
6. click on LOADER and follow the prompt.
7. it will take time to recognize your PIN or device. Just continue clicking NEXT until it push through.
8.after that it will prompt you in selecting your language then a page with " finish or close " will appear just click either of them for the process to proceed.
9. a loading bar will show up. When you receive an error message that says something like " cannot detect device "
that is the time for step 10.
10. put the battery back
and click on "Retry"
11. it will take time but keep on retrying untill the process proceed.
12.once all the loading is done you may either receive " a fatal error occured or software update success"
dont worry about the fatal error it says that but your device should be booting up.
let me know if this help
11-06-2013 06:57 AM
am still rtying to get it to get connected to the device ! it looks as though it wont but i will keep tryn ,
the next button is not optional in this case coz of the connection tab which is empty
11-06-2013 07:47 AM
Yes we just have to wait for it to be detected. But once you plug the device in to the computer can you notice
the lower right portion of your monitor, does it says " installing drivers"?
11-07-2013 01:44 AM
I realised that the desktop Manager was stoping the loader from reading or detecting the phone, anyway i managed to reload the device software with te battery on , does it have to be in the phone or wat ??
Secondly , i have noticed that the heat has gone down considerably thou it still is warm even when it is not charging n draining power slightly slower tahn before .
How do i get maximum results to this ???