Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Vijay Sles

9360 purchased in July got repaired 4 times and problem not getting solved by service provider so want refund from blackberry

[ Edited ]

We have purchased one Blackberry Model No. 9360 from Mumbai- India, on 25th July 2012.
The IMEI NO. is [Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.]

The battery of the unit got fused off and stopped getting charged in the month of Sept.2012.

We have been advised to send the unit to any authorized service centre in the nearby area. It was done.

On investigation it was reported that the battery got fused off, so they replaced the battery. 

Again in the month of Nov. 26th the same problem was there and the mobile was sent to service centre. 

That time it was told that there was problem in the Hardware of the unit, which was corrected. 

Again in the month of Dec. 2012, the same problem was there. The unit was sent to service centre and that time again it was reported that the battery (which was supposed to be fitted new only 3 months back) got fused off and it was replaced.

The same problem got repeated again and the letter and email of the same was sent to unit sales office and authorised service provider, on 28th Jan. 2013.

The unit even if it was switched off, the battery gets fused off and do not get charged again. 
We sincerely believe that the unit is defective and is having some manufacturing defect.

Last time only, we have asked the persons concerned, to give the refund the entire amount, but again the battery was replaced and unit was given to us, with out any action on our request.

Now today again 5th time the battery has got fused off and the unit is not getting charged on 5th March 2013.

As advised by sales, the unit is deposited with service provider and now they are ready to give the replacement in the form of swap unit,  (Used and repaired unit of somebody else) which is not at all acceptable to us.

So we want the refund of entire amount since the unit is having manufacturing defect and the seling company and authorised service providers are not responding at all.

Also "N" nos. of emails have been marked to all the concerned blacbbery customer support but zero response. 

Looks like blackberry doesnt care for customers at all.

with anticipation of reply  and refund from blackberry.

S. G. Datar.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 9360 purchased in July got repaired 4 times and problem not getting solved by service provider so want refund from blackberry

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. BlackBerry provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into BlackBerry at no charge to the end user.

BSCF User Comm.JPG

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your service center or place of purchase...even if they may have so far not been as helpful as you desire. You have no free path by which to bypass them.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Do note that, contractually, BlackBerry is not a party to your issue -- hence, I suspect, the lack of response from them to your inquiries so far. You purchased your device from a reseller, and that is where your contractual relationship lies, and the terms of that contract will determine your available remedies now. I have heard that, if you involve your local consumer protection agencies, you may be able to get better attention from your reseller/service center.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................