Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Vodafone/ Storm 9500
My Carrier: T-Mobile

9500 Vodafone -V5.0.0.841 Could Not start the camera. Close Other applications and try opening the camera again

[ Edited ]

Dear All Bb users

I had this phone for 2 years now and the camera suicide like 3 months ago it keeps telling me the following message ((Could Not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again))

the thing is I don’t want to change the phone and go to android or symbian^3 I love this OS also in the mean time I will not change to another black berry cause it seems that black berry have this issue in General in most of their devices and its common when you updating the software

I need help I need somebody to help me have my Bb camera back and whoever will step in to help I have to tell him, I already tried most of the solutions posted like restate the device clean the memory I tried the three popular methods for retrieving the camera but unfortunately none helped

And if you guys can’t help get my camera back, I need somebody to help me getting a number to blackberry so I could speak with a real person because I really believe in black berry and I had it with the camera issue I want to speak with someone

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 9500 Vodafone -V5.0.0.841 Could Not start the camera. Close Other applications and try opening the camera again

I would recommend you do a back of your device in Desktop Manager and then wipe and reload the operating system.

You can use BBSAK to wipe, and then reload the OS from there also.

Here are instructions for the OS install, in the first post.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9500-series-discussion-storm/232429-latest-os-9500-5-0-0-141...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code