Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

9530 calendar items not synching to Outlook 2003 calendar

Have a 9530 phone synching to Outlook 2003 on Win 2K.  Using desktop manager software v4.7.  It has been working fine for a few months, synching calendar, notes and email.  Recently though, it has stopped synching calendar items.  All other items synch fine, but the calendar in outlook is (nearly) empty of future calendar items, while the 9530 has all the appts showing on its calendar. 

In the desktop manager software, I have changed sync settings to NOT sync the calendar items, saved that, then changed it back to sync the calendar items, saved that setting, tried synching but still no change. 

All other similar problems I've searched on here seem to have the problem the other way around, but in my case, the data is on the 9530 but will not transfer to Outlook.  

Any ideas?  Thanks.

New Contributor

Re: 9530 calendar items not synching to Outlook 2003 calendar

I have a similiar problem.  I have been using the Blackberry Storm from Verizon for months, syncing it through the Blackberry Desktop software v.4.7 to Outlook.  Everything was working fine, and now all of the sudden everything will sync, EXCEPT for the Calendar.  I have tried everything.  I do TWO-WAY Syncing, and it will not sync either way.  But just on the Calendar.

Something was obviously changed somewhere.  I'm not sure if it was Outlook, Windwos, or Blackberry, but something changed somewhere.  Please someone help.  I use my calendar constantly, and it's one of the main reasons I got the Storm.  And now... it's useless to me.

Highly Frustrated!

Doug

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

In most previous cases I've seen of this, the problem seems to be due to corrupted Outlook .pst files (you'd be surprised how easily it is to corrupt an Outlook data file - it might still work with Outlook, but programs that sync with Outlook can have issues).  Try using the steps given here by Microsoft in order to repair the data file and see if that helps:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA100758311033.aspx

This seems to have worked for most recent cases where people have all of a sudden stopped being able to sync their calendars.

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply, but how do I know which FILE NAMES to scan?  It's asking for a file name when you start the program, and I don't know what file to look for.  Smiley Happy

Any more info on that?

Thanks in advance!

Doug  Smiley Happy

Elite I

No problem.  Go to C:\Users\Your Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst.  If you can't find the AppData folder, all you need to do is change your Folder Options to show hidden files and folders (in Windows Vista it's under Organize > Folder and search options - if you set this up via Windows Explorer).

That should be what you're looking for, but let me know if you have any other questions. Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

OK... I did all that, and it did find errors and it has seemly repaired them.  But nothing showed up in the "Folder Items" area inside Outlook.

But now..... when I plug my phone in and boot up Blackberry Desktop manager (v. 4.7) it doesn't show the phone being plugged into the computer!  <Sigh>

It's like the computer is not recognizing it now.

Help!  

Elite I

Reboot the computer and pull out the battery on the phone, wait 15-30 seconds and reinsert the battery (the phone reboot takes ~5 minutes).  That should get the computer to recognize the phone again.  Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Hey,

I actually thought of rebooting the computer on my own and did, and it recognized the phone again.  Smiley Happy

However.... it still did NOT sync the calendar.  Everything else synced, but it just skips right over the calendar still. 

Any other suggestions?

Elite I

I'm currently stumped.  I'll see if there is anything else I can turn up (give me a day or so).  Otherwise lets hope someone else has a suggestion as well.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Is it possible that the calendar items in Outlook have somehow been tagged by the system to be ignored?  My user is often prompted to verify certain changes and synch conflicts, and I wonder if he might have unknowingly answered a prompt(s) incorrectly to specifically NOT  synch an item or batch of items. 

(Sorry I'm not very familiar with the variety of messages a user receives - I actually don't have a Berry, myself, but I support a few folks' PCs who do).