Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

9530 camera

my buddy has a BB bold and it's pictures seem sharp.  my new 9530 seems to take a considerable time from pressing the camera icon until the picture actually takes and the resultant image is no way as sharp as the Bold.

any suggestions???

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: 9530 camera

this issue has been addressed and will hopefully be resolved with the next official firmware update

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Regular Contributor

Jeff,

WOW!  That's good news, as the camera issue has been a real thorn in my side!

One "newbie" question...  When you say "firmware update", I assume this is NOT just an OS revision, but rather a chip or ??? which must be installed?

Thanks!  Mike

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

firmware would be a os update

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kemptville wrote:

my buddy has a BB bold and it's pictures seem sharp.  my new 9530 seems to take a considerable time from pressing the camera icon until the picture actually takes and the resultant image is no way as sharp as the Bold.

any suggestions???

For superior clarity and sharpness, make sure the option for "Picture Quality" is set to Superfine.  You may also want to turn on "Image Stabilization."  These are the camera settings that I have on my Storm and I'm extremely pleased with the overall picture quality.  As jeff1974w alluded to in his post, an OS update will correct the issue with the delay as others who have installed leaked OS versions have attested to this.

Message Edited by Storm9530 on 01-16-2009 01:46 PM
New Contributor
My Device: 8330

Also, try to manually set the White Balance under Camera Options to match your environment.  That helped the color brightness of my pictures.  The "Auto" setting didn't seem to work very well for me.

I have the latest OS installed (and the settings all appear to be good) but there is such a long delay between pressing the button to get a photo and when it actually processes. It's ridiculously slow. It almost makes the camera useless. Any idea if there's another firmware upgrade coming for this or is there something I can do in the meantime? Thanks!
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Yes, I've played around with the most recent leaked OS and it's much faster (not perfect but a huge improvement).  It is hoped that the next official OS release will come in the next month, and if that's the case, you should have a much better camera experience.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!