09-17-2009 01:30 AM
09-18-2009 12:25 AM
09-18-2009 11:33 PM - edited 09-18-2009 11:38 PM
I'm back! I've had the Blackberry Tour for over 2 1/2 weeks now, and I've tried all the fixes on here, short of making the mic hole bigger with a thumb tack. Not sure I want to take that chance. The sound is still so bad my customers are wanting me to hang up and call from a land line. This is totally unacceptable!!! I went to Sprint store today, for the 3 time on same issue, and they called each other using my phone and said, no it sounds fine. When I explained, NO, it does not, I have left myself voice mail using it, so know how I sound on the other end and it was muffled, not to mention 75% of everyone I talk to on it complains .. I'm sure the other 25% just deal with it. All they did is recommend I hold it out from my head in the odd position. Right! I pay $300.00 and sign a 2 yr extend service contract for a phone that I can only hold it a position that gives you a cramp in the neck, and then just hope the person on the other end can hear me. Hmmm, I don't think so.
To be fair, it was late in the day and the reps just wanted to close up the store, suggested I trade it in and pay a restocking fee to boot .... WHAT!?! I'm still within my 30 days of contract, I can just terminate and return phone at this point and go back to my old phone (old and out of date slider phone that sounds perfect on other end) or change carries. I don't want to come down hard on Sprint, because outside of a few flaky in store reps, their customer service has been great, and I never had issues with any of my other phones over the last 7 years that I've been with them. BUT, it does them no favors to act like there are no problems, and act shocked like I'm the first person ever to complain about it. The tracking ball issue alone is a know problem, and I have that issue as well by the way. I'm just so very disappointed in the Tour and by Sprints response or lack of. The Tour has so many great options, but not worth it if my clients can't hear me on the other end. I'm a Realtor, and I can honestly say it is causing me to lose some business. My hope was that it would be corrected and all would be fine, but I do not see any hope for that here or anywhere else I have checked for updates to the issues.
If anyone has heard of any news/updates on the matter please post. Thanks
09-19-2009 08:55 AM
09-20-2009 10:25 AM
Well I've only had my Tour for about two weeks. Bought it from Best Buy. I am getting the same muffled compliants. Really starting to tick me off. I tried to trick of adjusting the enhanced audio, no noticable change. Then I tried holding the phone in different postions and leaving myself voicemails. Only good quality msg I left was with me cupping the bottom of the phone with my palm. It sucks to hold the phone in that position.
It seems like this has been going on since day one of the phone launch. I came to Verizon because of this phone. Now I am debating if I want to hang out and see if they find a fix. Return it and try another Tour (which doesn't seem to be helping). Return it and get different phone with Verizon, or just cancel my Verizon since I am within my 30 days.
09-20-2009 11:59 AM
09-21-2009 12:00 PM
09-21-2009 01:23 PM
I will confirm that the update .53 did make small improvement. But its still sub-par for a blackberry phone. The audio,speakerphone and Bluetooth also isnt as nearly as clear and loud as the BOLD. The BOLD and the older BB phones (ie 8700,8830) are the gold standard.
I hope this degraded audio quality is not the new norm for all bb phones. The only other bb phone with poor audio is the BB storm.
Im likely gonna return this phone. for now ive lost the faith and revert back to ATT with my bold.
09-21-2009 03:36 PM