Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

9650 Dropping all incoming calls

During the first few weeks I had my Bold 9650 with Sprint, everything was fine.  I made no changes, but it all of a sudden started dropping incoming calls.  Sprint said they had never heard of this problem, but some googling has revealed this is a severe problem with this phone and not the carrier network.

Some possible solutions I have come across are:

1. Pull the battery - I did this (several times) and the problem still exists.

2. Security wipe - I did this (several times) and the problem still exists.

3. Upgrade the OS.  I did this (installed v6.0.0.415) and the problem still exists.

I took it to Sprint's repair center, but they said it passed their "SLATE" tests and should be working fine.  It cost me $35.00 for them to tell me it's fine when it is obviously not. It even dropped calls in the store, they re-tested, and find no issues.  Yet, The problem still exists. 

I had to pay full retail price for this phone ($449) plus upgrade my data plan to $99/mo plus an additional $20/mo for them to allow me to use BES, plus $20/mo for hosted exchange, plus $10/mo for hosted BES.  This phone still drops every single incoming call which makes it not much more than a $150/mo paperweight. 

I used the "secret" Alt+N, M, L, L to see my signal strength as a number.  It usually hovers around -80dBm, but randomly drops to 0, then -99 for no more than a second, then it's back to -80.  Is it switching networks automatically during calls and dropping? Is there anything that fixes this?