Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: orange

9700 Trackpad issue

Just randomly the other day my trackpad stopped working. It works to select by pressing in but won't scroll at all. Any suggestions? I've tried a few battery pulls and no use.

Please help

cheers

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: att

Re: 9700 Trackpad issue

i have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: att

Sounds weird but this worked for me. Take out your battery and sim card. Press on the metal plate beneath the sim card and it clicks. I pressed pretty firmly and now th trackpad works. What the hell is that all about? Anyways, if you Blackberry employees are monitoring this stuff, what gives? There is no way to reach RIM on this issue and att is worthless. I will be ditching four blackberries if they don't help us all with this.

My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi. I purchased my Blackberry Bold 9700 in February and FELL IN LOVE with it. However, I started experiencing some issues with my trackpad recently (Mid-September) .

The trackpad will randomly stop working, for no apparent reason. I can press it, but I cannot scroll.

My phone has NO damage to it at all, not even water damage.

I updated my software on Friday night and that seemed to work. I had NO issues with the trackpad at all until today (Monday) around 5 pm. The trackpad stopped scrolling again, and it's 1:00 am and hasn't worked UNTIL i read someone else's post about taking out the battery and sim card and then pressing on the metal plate beneath it and VOILA its working again......... BULL , but it does work.

Idk. But im glad my new Bold is coming in the mail soon. Hopefully i wont have anymore issues.

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

I have had the same problem for 3 days now.  Your  suggestion (as crazy as it sounds), actually worked!

thanks!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

tednagel wrote:

Anyways, if you Blackberry employees are monitoring this stuff, what gives? There is no way to reach RIM on this issue and att is worthless. I will be ditching four blackberries if they don't help us all with this.

They aren't, this is a user-to-user forum. RIM employees help every so often.

And I thought your issue was resolved? what did you need further help with?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

My Device: Blackberry 9700

I have the same problem, I have had my blackberry for 9 months and never had problem with until today. My trackpad button just stopped working from no where, I need help. I have tried taking the battery and sim card out and pressing metal plate. Nothing is working, or is it me pressing the wrong thing.

I need help please.

My Device: torch
My Carrier: rogers

my gf's blackberry was having the same issue, followed the battery pull, sim card out, and press he metal plate and worked like a charm. For some reason the ribbon that connects the trackpad is positioned under there and when its loose you will lose the functionality of the trackpad. The trackpad actually ONLY scrolls, there is a button underneath it that when pressed causes the 'enter' event. So if this still does not work, most likely just need to open up and re-set the ribbon for the trackpad.

Developer

Taking out the battery and SIM card and "pressing on the metal plate" to fix it is hardly a resolution. Typical RIM.

My Carrier: O2

Sorry to bring up a different trackpad issue. I think mine is software and application related, maybe someone can still help.

I have an 9700 Bold and only in the day view of my calendar the left/right motion does not work to move to previous or next day. In all other calendar views it works fine and also in all other applications. U/down works fine in any case.

Are ther any known issues with the calendar app and the trackpad?

Thanks!!