Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: Telstra

9700 bold troubles

Hi all just new to site and have just purchased a 9700 bold and I have a couple of problems.

i can't get micro sd card to read I have tried 2 cards and can't also get my phone to open app world I have delete app and reinstalled it but everytime it's says I need to ring provider to sort out plan.

Did ring and they had no idea and I was wondering what I should be asking them for so I don't get shipped from one department to another.

anyhelp would be great as I'm at a loss as its first time with blackberry.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: 9700 bold troubles

Hi Rwalton72

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Is it a new device or an Used device ? as your device is not recognizing MicroSD card so please format those cards on your Pc then have a try ,And Regarding the problem you are having with app world can you confirm that you have a BlackBerry Data Plan on your Account ? If not Call your Carrier or service provider Telstra and let them add BlackBerry Data Plan on your Account .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: Telstra

I have formatted the cards but still no good.

It is a used phone but in good condition as he update for work.

so do i just ring telstra and ask for plan and they should no what im talking about.

and i also meant to ask do i need to do anything to have it come up on computer when hooked up.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi Rwalton72

Yes Please Call you Wireless Service provider or Carrier Telstra and let them activate BlackBerry Data Plan also known as BIS on your account ,it will allow you to enjoy all services of BlackBerry like BBM, Twitter,FaceBook for BlackBerry ,Email services any many more . 

And for the problem you are having with your device as it is not detecting any media card ,Relaod your Device Software to rule out any Software issue as it a used device but before that do your device Backup using BlackBerry Desktop Software ,look at this Knowledge Base Article on how to perform a clean reload  :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Prince