Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: sun cellular

(9700) even with wifi CANT use facebook,twiitter and other online applications but i CAN use my browser.

even with wifi CANT use facebook,twiitter and other online applications but i CAN use my browser. 

its 2 weeks since ive experienced this problem please someone help :[ im not on data plan.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: (9700) even with wifi CANT use facebook,twiitter and other online applications but i CAN use my browser.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Many services are proprietary BB-services, and require subscription to an adequate data plan, even if using them only via WiFi...those you list typically fall into that category. So, you must find replacement apps that do not require the data plan subscription to use instead of those, so that you can use the services via WiFi without subscribing to a data plan.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: sun cellular

Re: (9700) even with wifi CANT use facebook,twiitter and other online applications but i CAN use my browser.

i used my apps for months already just these couple of weeks i had experienced this, thats the best advice you can give me sir? are there any prcedure to fix my phone?? thanks for the reply by the way

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I can only give you advice based on what you've provided...lacking any ability for truly full information, I can only take what you say and make some guesses. Clearly I guessed wrong.

So, what happened 2 weeks ago when this behavior started? Some new app? Some update? A theme? Think very carefully as the tiniest thing could be causal.

For example...if your BB at one time had a proper data plan, then it might have had the residual necessary Service Books on board that allowed these things to keep working even when the data plan lapsed. But, if you (for example) did some update 2 weeks ago, then that could have wiped out the Service Books, causing these things to now fail...and, without a data plan, you have nowhere to get the Service Books back (and, technically, lacking a data plan, do not have the right to use these specific apps anyway).

But, again, that's a guess...since I have only what you've said here to guide me.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................