Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ANCEL - ANTEL

9700 rings only once while in holster

My 9700 rings ONLY ONCE while it is in the holster. The settings regarding vibration doesn't change this.

What should I do to have my 9700 ringing several times while it is in the holster?

Thanks

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 9700 rings only once while in holster

You probably need to extend the ringtime until voice mail answers.

Call your carrier and ask them for just that... to extend the ringtime until voicemail answers.

See if that helps out. By default, carriers have this set to 15 seconds. You can request up to 30 seconds.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

It's NOT a problem with the operator's network.

The calling party (A) receives the proper tone until the called party (B) answers or until the call is forwarded to the mailbox. The latter is set to occur 28 seconds after the connection is set up.

When the PHONE receives a call (acting as B Party), it rings only once when it is inside the holster or several times if it is outside the holster.

Having the phone in the holster, if I miss to hear the ringtone played once, I miss the call. I want the 9700 to play the ringtone in the same way (repeatedly) inside or outside the holster.

Regards.

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ok, I see. I have a ringtone for my general phone setting that does ring more than both in and out of the holster.

Let me look at this further.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Don't worry. It's a bug.

My team is working with RIM to correct the problem in a new firmware version.

Regards

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic - 10.31.1779
My Carrier: Cyta-Vodafone (Cyprus)

Hi rstercken,

Could you please inform us when you have this issue resolved as I have the same problem which I would like resolved.

Regards

David

________________________________________________________________________________________________
Can you please click on the KUDOS star if this was helpful and click on Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.
New Contributor

ok Daimart

I'll post here when I get the fix

regards

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet? I have the same issue. It rings once if someone calls me, and then just continues to vibrate. But for all other alerts, it rings as many times as I want it (up to 3).

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

To RIM

Did anyone find the solution for this yet ? I am too not able to get more than a ring In or Out of the holster...it vibrates with out a problem, but rings only once.

This is completely unacceptable, as it is The basic feature of a phone and it should not be such a big issue to get this fixed (it is already a real burden to have to post things on a blog and spend this much time).

Please advice as to how to proceed as soon as possible.

Best regards

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

quique wrote:

To RIM

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

Just to set your expectations in regards to your hope that RIM will see your message -- these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to-RIM conduit. As such, it is unlikely that they will see what you have written. However, if you have specific and constructive ideas for them, I have heard that they accept such via email to bbsuggestions@rim.com.

Front line support for BB's is, by contract, not provided by RIM. The carriers and authorized resellers are responsible for front line formal support to end users. I suspect this is why you have had difficulty finding a way to get support direct from RIM. It is possible to bypass your carrier and seek assistance direct from RIM, but such involves fees since you are bypassing your support agreement with your carrier. The "Support and Services" tab toward the top of these forum pages provide information about that. But, if you do go through your carrier for support, they can escalate into RIM at no fee to you if they so choose to.

If you desire to ask other users for specific assistance about how to get the most use out of your BB, then this forum would indeed be the correct place for that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................