Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 9300 9780 9900 8520
My Carrier: vodafone o2 orange

9700 white screen FIXED

Right I know its funny but I have 5 blackberries all was broken at least once, but the 9700 is the dodgey'est, because I have experenced that the screen goes white on nearly everyones 9700 right enough said how to tackle the problem... I'm sure you all herd about the electrical tape trick, well what you do Is open your phone, follow tutorials on youtube, but anyway you open your phone, and unplug the screen from the modderboard, then you just wrap some electrical tape around the flex, this is because over time the links inside the flex snap somehow, but press hard and make sure its all stuck to it firmly, then the funny part, for some that works, but some need to do another thing, if just that doesn't work for you, then after doing that, get a little toothpaste, get the link of the screen, put it in, get a toothbrush and brush it, then the connector on the modderbored do the same, now put it back together and try it Smiley Very Happy