Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: telstra

9700 won't turn on

9700 Blackberry decided to turn itself off as it was plugged into the charger. Now it won't turn on fully. It gets 2/3rds of the way along the horizontal loading line then turns off . Red light comes on for a few seconds then the phone tries to start again and the process repeats. I've removed battery and sim but doesn't change anything. HELP please?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: 9700 won't turn on

let it charge for a couple hours and try turning it on, without it plugged in.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Try getting into safe mode to check if its an application issue. check KB17877 for instructions.

To turn on safe mode, complete the following steps:

1. Remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.
  2. When the red light-emitting diode (LED) light goes out, press and hold the Escape key as the BlackBerry smartphone is loading. See KB05470 for the location of the Escape key.
  3. When the dialog box appears, click OK.
If you able to load, you have an application that could be causing your BB to reboot.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi try this - I had the same problem and got this from another website and it worked for me:

Hi,

I had the same problem (big battery sign with light bolt), and this is how I got it to boot again.

1. While the BB was connected to the power wall, I removed the battery

2. I waited 30 seconds, you should see a red light during that time

3. I put the battery back, and then it rebooted back to the normal BB home screen. I noticed that the battery sign was red (AKA completely drain). By the way, if the BB does not come back after you put the battery back, and you wait a few seconds, just press the power button.

I'm going to wait a little bit and see if it charges completely.

I hope it helps.

M.