05-06-2011 09:06 PM
This is very interesting. I know for the fact that more of the Mexico built devices were the ones which got affected, but in fact my uncle's Hungary-made one also developed this problem after a few months of use. I guess this is more of the supplier issue eventually.
But again I do agree with you that RIM fails big time with keeping their customers happy. In fact I have gradually converted to iPhone now.
03-28-2012 10:04 PM
Hi. New to blackberry here. Bought a used 9780 from amazon unlocked. It does the same double, triple typing. I don't have a warranty on the phone, and got it fairly cheap, so I found an easy albeit temporary fix:
1) buy a can of fast evaporating contact cleaner (ask any electronics or auto parts dealer).
2) remove the battery on your 9780
3) spray liberally with the contact cleaner near the keyboard areas on both sides.
4) shake excess off
5) excersise each key several times. NOTE: the cleaner will make the keys not spring back. Push and gently pull each several times.
6)shake excess cleaner off and excersise keys again.
7) WAIT 20 minutes for remainder to evaporate... NOTE: the cleaner will make the keys appear loose. as the cleaner dries, the keys will tighten back to the pad.
8) reinsert battery, power up, enjoy..... for about 2 weeks... then repeat the issue is a bad seal between the membrane/keys . Dirt and/or skin oils penetrate and cause the problem...
I'm tempted to thoroughly clean again (done twice so far) and put a layer of plastic wrap around the keyboard area to prevent contamination. If I do it carefully, with the Otterbox, it might last
03-28-2012 11:05 PM
03-29-2012 02:09 AM
ok I have 6.0 bundle 1879 (v188.8.131.528) platform 184.108.40.206. How do I update it ? when I sync to blackberry there are no updates... sorry if I ask a stupid question...