Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Airtel

9780 Poor Network Problem

Hi 

I have a 4 month old Bold 9780. Since the last two weeks my phone is behvaing in an extremely weird manner. 

It keeps going into SOS mode and call quality has droped significantly.

I keep experiencing call drops and the signal keeps fluctuating between edge , gsm and sos status.

Call quality has become very poor and most of the time my phone comes unreachable to people.

This does not seem t be network problem, as other people on the same network are not facing this issue.

I am on Airtel Delhi.. What could be the cause of this?

My Device: BOLD 9780
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: 9780 Poor Network Problem

I do have the same issue too. Please help. I had never had any issue with this 3 month old BB BOLD 9780. I have never dropped nor had issues with my phone. But after last week, when I installed some themes, the signal keeps fluctuating from 2 bars to 3 dars whenever im here at the office and some areas that are a bit enclosed. I tried to insert another sim of the same provider, same issue. I asked my colleague who sits beside me at the office who uses a BB Curve using the same provider, her signal bars are full and no signal issue at all. Please help to advise. I am very happy with BB BOLD so please help. Thanks in advance. 

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Wind

did you guys get any feedback or solution for this network problem? I have the same issue. Thanks in advance.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone India

same here Smiley Sad

my BB 9780 keeps losing network every now and then. i have to turn the network off and start it again to get back on track. sometimes, have to pull battery and do a hard restart.

This is certainly not a network problem as my other nokia phone runs fine on same network.

Any ideas?