Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry 9780
My Carrier: mtn
Accepted Solution

hi i had a problem with my old sim card n now  inserted a new sim card - and I have lost all of my information  - is there a way that I can retrieve my contacts, my bb contacts, my photos, my videos and pics.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 9780

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From the steps you describe, a device WIPE should not have happened...I cannot therefore guess as to why all of your data is gone, but nonetheless it is. As such, the only way to get it back is to have previously done a backup via one of the many FREE tools BB provides, and to now do a restore from those. If you never used any of those FREE backup tools, then there simply is nothing to be done. You can read more about all of that via the backup link in my auto-sig on this post.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................