Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

9790 Won't Charge (Brand New Out Of Box)

Tried everything read the forums. But it will not charge. Not from laptop or from wall charger. No red light comes on, nothing. It's been 2 hours so far, do I have a problem with the phone/battery? I never had this problem with my Curve 8520 when it was brand new I just plugged it into the wall and turned it on at the same time then let it charge over night.

Is this a defect with all bolds, I've seen this issue posted so many times but usually for a phone thats been used a bit.

Re: 9790 Won't Charge (Brand New Out Of Box)

[ Edited ]

oh and to clarify again. NO RED LIGHTS. NO GREEN LIGHTS. NO BLINKING LIGHTS. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

HMM. SOLVED. For Now?

WHAT I DID:

Took the cover off of the back, put my finger nail in between the bottom of the phone and the battery, and pushed the battery up so that the top of the battery was tighter to the top of the phone/the connector terminals for the battery. It so far its working, turned on and its charging. I hope this is not a design defect where this issue will come up often. Design defect being that there is too much room/play where the battery sits in the phone that it loses its tight connection with the terminals. Will repost if anything else develops. For now I am going to turn it off let it charge for the day before I turn it on again to continue setting it up and switching my 8520 to it.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I used to have this with a couple of older Nokia dumbphones, had to get a slither of cardboard or thick paper under the edge of the battery to lift it into the contacts.

Never had an issue since.

I would however, get a repair, replacement if you can.

Steve

Telecoms Engineer for the UK Mobile Networks.