Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

9800 Charges but Icon drops to 1% battery very fast

Hi,

I have a peculiar problem with my blackberry torch.

When I plug this unit into any charger (wall or USB), the charging icon shows up (battery with th lightning bolt) shows up and the clock (screen saver) also gets  activated as normal, but after 10-15 seconds the chrging indicator goes and it shows as if the unit is not charging.

But I know that the handset is getting charged as I can use it easily for a day long as per the normal battery life.

So effectively the unit always shows an empty battery icon (Red outlined hollow battery icon always) and the  LED  always blinks amber. But th ephone works normal except than this.

Also if I do a battery pull out and reinsert it, after boot up the battery shows 100% but the icon and battery level indicators drop back to 1% and empty battery icon within 15-20 mins with the phone continuing it's normal opeartion with the empty battery icon (down to 1%)

This is causing a lot of trouble as I never know what is the actual battery level and poses problem when I do not charge and the battery is actually low.

Can anyone help me fix this problem. The unit is out of warranty and BB guys have refused to repair. I'm using the default theme and have not changes the theme so I can rule out the issues of 3rd party theme icons.

Please suggest

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: at&t

Re: 9800 Charges but Icon drops to 1% battery very fast

have you found a solution.  mine is doing the same thing.  pretty much if it isn't connected to the charger, my bb is unusable.  i have tried a new battery and still get the same result. 

my bb torch is also out of warranty so i am stuck fixing it myself or purchasing a new one

New Contributor

No not yet.. Have tried the new latest version update, battery swap with new original battery, using default theme.. I feel totally helpless .. Can anyone suggest a way out plzzzz..
Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: at&t

that is what i have done.  the only thing i have found is that if i completely wipe out my OS my phone iwll work fine for about a week and then i am back to square one.  Drives me crazy because it is time out of my day to fix this weekly

Developer
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi nikon7734,

Would you have access to another battery? It might be worth trying a different battery in your unit.
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
New Contributor

Heyy Guys...Sorry.. no development .....  ... Reloaded the new OS as well.. no Change... Still giving the same problem... battery always shows 1% ...    :-(

any suggestions