Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: O2

9800 Help Please

Hi there, I am first of all new to the site and hope to stick around and get more used to it. However I would like some help please

I recently changed phones from a Blackberry Curve to this Torch 9800

I had both on o2, with an o2 registered sim card

When I put my sim card into the Torch, It does the usual register and even sends me an email confirming my phone has been registered with Blackberry

It then comes up in the corner showing GPRS with full signal .. But when I try to make a phonecall or even a text , Both incoming and outgoing, It says NO SERVICE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

I have tried battery reboots, I have tried an IMEI checker and the TORCH i have isn't registered as lost/stolen. The phone is 100% legal, Is there something I have done wrong, Or something I need to do

Thanks in advance

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: 9800 Help Please

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It should be as easy as you have done. But, if it's not working, the place to seek help is from O2...after all, it's their network with which your BB is having trouble communicating. Perhaps they need to do something in their system, and only they have access to that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

Hi there, Thanks for the speedy reply. Impressive.

I was on the live help with the o2 guys and all they did was an IMEI check.. Nothing more. 

I wonder what I would need to say to them? 

When I remove the sim and put it in my old BB it works fine. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

dunn1873 wrote:

Hi there, Thanks for the speedy reply. Impressive.

You are welcome...I just happened to be sitting here, volunteering my time here, at the moment your post popped up. Doesn't always happen that way.

dunn1873 wrote:

I wonder what I would need to say to them?

Try telling them that you are paying them for all of your services and all of your support...and right now, they seem to be delivering neither to you.

On the other hand, do understand that when one attempts to bring a device onto a carrier network that did not supply the device, there can be a lot of "finger pointing". Service-related support is the responsibility of the service provider (O2 in your case). But, device-related support is the responsibility of whoever provided you with the device. It can be tricky to reconcile those two things.

Given that you can't even get voice services to work, it could be something as simple as an incompatible SIM. Or as complicated as a locked device. Or as complicated as an incompatible (with the O2 network) device. Given what you report, I really can't guess which of those (or others) it might be.

I might suggest a trip down to an O2 shop to have it looked at in person by someone (and a fresh SIM as well possibly).

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................

Thanks ever so much! You volunteers make this place a great forum for help.

I will be taking a trip to the o2 shop tomorrow and hopefully come back with a solution that they have given me.

Thanks once again.
Hall of Famer III

You are most welcome! Please do contribute to the further knowledge within these forums by coming back and posting your solution.

Good luck!

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi 

welcome to the team Smiley Happy