Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT Wireless

Re: Latest OS 6.0.0.600

n/m, found info for the downgrade option in another thread. =)
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Audizuki wrote:
@BillJ: I have similar issues on my phone w/ FB notifications. Even before the update, some of the time I would not receive notifications thru the FB app/in my email list. If I logged on thru the browser though, sure enough I'd have a *poke* or a reply that I wasn't notified about.
Since updating the OS on Monday, I still get notifications but now there is no longer a sound that plays when they come in. Sound profile management doesn't even have an option any more for FB notifications. Same for you?

What's the best way to revert back to the prior OS version? There's some other screwy stuff about this update that I'm not happy with as well, I want the old version back!

I guess I should clarify my situation.  Yes, I was still receiving the notifications, but like you I wasn't getting any sound with them.  I'm reverted back to 6.0.0.448 and everything seems to be working again.

I'm also glad you found the way to do it.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Well now that I did the revert back to the prior OS........I have been plagued by the multiple text conversation problem. My FB notification sounds are back, the other couple issues I had with the new OS are gone again, but now THIS. It's friggen obnoxious. In searching this forum, it appears the only "fix" for multiple convos is to update the OS. I refuse to do it though, so I guess I am stuck dealing with this new problem.
To be specific: the OS version I reverted back to is 6.0.0.246 - I had never updated the OS since I bought this phone back in Sept. Honestly I'm afraid to even try updating to 448 to see if it solves the text convo problem, because I don't want to risk having the other issues I had with the newest update. I know I could always revert back again but what else is going to screw up in the process? If I have this text convo problem what else would go wrong the next time?
Elite II

Audizuki wrote:
Well now that I did the revert back to the prior OS........I have been plagued by the multiple text conversation problem. My FB notification sounds are back, the other couple issues I had with the new OS are gone again, but now THIS. It's friggen obnoxious. In searching this forum, it appears the only "fix" for multiple convos is to update the OS. I refuse to do it though, so I guess I am stuck dealing with this new problem.
To be specific: the OS version I reverted back to is 6.0.0.246 - I had never updated the OS since I bought this phone back in Sept. Honestly I'm afraid to even try updating to 448 to see if it solves the text convo problem, because I don't want to risk having the other issues I had with the newest update. I know I could always revert back again but what else is going to screw up in the process? If I have this text convo problem what else would go wrong the next time?

I can vouch for OS 6.0.0.448.  I've been running it for many weeks with no problems.  It's stable and it keeps things running as they should.  If you're apprehensive about upgrading to it, even just reloading your current OS sometimes does the trick.

Let us know if you need help reloading your OS, should you decide to take that route.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thank you for the continued responses, Bill. Smiley Happy
Here's a weird thing, and could be related to the dup text convos, as it appears my phone is confused: I just went into the software update module to see if I could find a way to update only to 448. As you know, it automatically scans to see if there is an update available. The scan states that my phone is up-to-date....huh?! I verified I am back on 246. The bar at the top of the screen in the update module states I am using bundle 695. I do not know what the bundle number was prior to attempting the new OS update, however.

I think at this point I'll just attempt a device restore from the last backup on Desktop Managet when I get home. Haven't backed it up in a couple weeks, but oh well....
Elite II

@Audizuki, your phone shows that you're up to date because you're running the latest OS *OFFICIALLY RELEASED BY YOUR CARRIER*.  There may be newer ones available, but your carrier hasn't officially released any of them, which means that they haven't been officially trained by RIM to support any OS later than the one you've got on your phone.

You can always update to any OS that has been released by any carrier worldwide.  There are threads in these forums which explain how to do so and I invite you to seek them out if you're interested in pursuing that course of action.

As always, if you have any other questions, let us know.  Smiley Happy

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT & T

i have a question. I have BB TORCH with a 2 yr contract with at&t and its not unlocked. is completely wiping my phone and re-installing the os possible. Also, will it brick my phone?

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

jaypee123 wrote:

i have a question. I have BB TORCH with a 2 yr contract with at&t and its not unlocked. is completely wiping my phone and re-installing the os possible. Also, will it brick my phone?

Yes it is possible and if you follow the instructions, you will not brick your phone.

Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Software (DM) installed on your computer. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/ 

Plug in your Torch to your computer and DM will see your phone. If your Torch does not have the latest OS released by AT&T, DM will advise you that there is an OS upgrade available. Just follow the instructions to download OS .600 from AT&T and you will be enjoying your new OS.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

BillJ wrote:

Knotty, how are the notifications for your facebook?  Are you getting any?  Since installing 6.0.0.600, I'm not getting any notifications of wall posts, comments, etc.  I still get notified about pokes but pretty much nothing else.

I'm going to revert to 6.0.0.526 to see if that's the problem.  I'll let you know if that corrects it.  Smiley Happy

with the latest version of FaceBook I have had no issue.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Celcom

What does this version improve on?