Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Latest OS 6.0.0.600

Ever since I loaded the 6.0.0.600 (Bundle 2647) version that was advertised by AT&T through the upgrade interface on my phone, my YouTube application started displaying errors:  Your IT Policy does not permit RTSP for media streaming.  Contact your Administrator." 

Well...I am the administrator (BES Admin anyway) and I don't have any policy in place to block RTSP.   No policy changes were made on the BES (and other people can view YouTube videos with no issues using the same phone but earlier OS').

Has anyone run across this and/or a fix?

Thanks,

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

lounatech wrote:

Ever since I loaded the 6.0.0.600 (Bundle 2647) version that was advertised by AT&T through the upgrade interface on my phone, my YouTube application started displaying errors:  Your IT Policy does not permit RTSP for media streaming.  Contact your Administrator." 

Well...I am the administrator (BES Admin anyway) and I don't have any policy in place to block RTSP.   No policy changes were made on the BES (and other people can view YouTube videos with no issues using the same phone but earlier OS').

Has anyone run across this and/or a fix?

Thanks,

Hi lounatech. I have searched your error message over several different Blackberry forums and was unable to come up with a similar issue. 

I'm wondering if during the download, there might have been a hick-up and something was over looked. I would back up my device using the DM, then wipe my phone. Then download the .600 OS again. I have not had this problem with my Torch after upgrading to .600. Give it a try and I'll keep researching.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Super Contributor

I found something that "might" be similar? KB20491.

Does anything in that tech solution come close to what is going on with your Torch?

Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

@ghostrider - thanks for your responses.  I checked out the link that you forwarded in your second reply; however, my APN settings are correct.  My particular situation allows me to successfully connect to the YouTube application (via the stand-alone YouTube App or directly from my web browser).  From YouTube, I'm able to logon using my YouTube account, move around the interface, search for videos, etc. just fine.  The error message only seems to affect streaming and my attempts to launch or view videos - everything else within the application works just fine.  

I didn't experience any glitches or apparent crashes / issues during the upgrade process - it went very smoothly.  I'll back up the device fully when I have time and attempt to reload the OS.

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you haven't tried this, do a battery pull with the phone on. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, reinstall the battery and fire it up. Give it a try and see what happens. If you've already done the battery pull.

If you've already done the battery pull, I think reloading the OS is the best option at this time. Let us know what happens, and hopefully by then, some of the other members will have another direction to go if the reload doesn't work.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Celcom

Ok making the switch now from 570 to 600. Is it absolutely necessary to wipe the phone first before updating?

Contributor

Dammit it cleared my project lists on myTasks... are there any ways i can restore it?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

newcomer9747 wrote:

Dammit it cleared my project lists on myTasks... are there any ways i can restore it?

With OS6, it is not necessary to wipe the device before an upgrade. I've upgraded several times without doing a wipe. I think that with teh OS5 devices, you had to wipe before upgrading.

As far as restoring your myTasks, I think only if you backed up your device using the desktop manager before you upgraded. It should be there if you did. If not, then I believe they are gone.

Contributor

Ok first day into it and I somewhat feel the battery drains much faster than 570.

Also, the location setting in the options page doesn't update its last GPS location even though I've used the maps. The GPS is always at 0 0 0.

Super Contributor

newcomer9747 wrote:

Ok first day into it and I somewhat feel the battery drains much faster than 570.

Also, the location setting in the options page doesn't update its last GPS location even though I've used the maps. The GPS is always at 0 0 0.

It sometimes takes a day or so to get the upgrade seated it. Try a couple of battery pulls with the device on. That should help get things settled. It might even take care of the GPS issue as well.