Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Celcom

Re: Latest OS 6.0.0.600

have done a few battery pulls already. 6 hrs n its down to 55% Smiley Sad moderate use only. Is that normal for u?
Contributor

have done a few battery pulls already. 6 hrs n its down to 55% Smiley Sad moderate use only. Is that normal for u?
Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

[ Edited ]

newcomer9747 wrote:

No, mine charges can last 3+ days. 

Make sure that all apps have been closed properly. First of all, let's see what's running on your phone.  Press and hold the menu key for a second or two.  It's the BB key to the left of the trackpad.  What you'll see is a list of apps that are currently running on your phone.  Some of these, such as Home, Messages, Browser, BBM, cannot be shut down, but many others can.  If you see many other apps in that list, go to one of them.  Once it's opened, press the menu key and select Close or Exit.  This will properly shut down the app.  Note that pressing the red phone button does not shut down the app, it minimizes it to the background where it continues to run and utilize battery power.

Once you've had it for a while and it's bogged down with many apps running at once, you can expect 1-2 days on a full charge.

Just a quick note, any app that runs off of GPS (most notably Google Maps) is a serious battery killer.  Beware of that.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Contributor

I am aware of the gps that's why I turned of the loaction update. And apps wise I always keep it to no more than 7 apps running that includes the unclosable apps such as bbm etc.
3 days is good!
Super Contributor

newcomer9747 wrote:
I am aware of the gps that's why I turned of the loaction update. And apps wise I always keep it to no more than 7 apps running that includes the unclosable apps such as bbm etc.
3 days is good!

Thanks

There should only be 5 apps that are unclosable. They are browser, blackberry messenger, home, phone and messages, which I'm sure you are aware of. If anything else is open, it is sucking battery life.

I would give the new OS a couple of days and if your battery is still not giving you a couple of days, I would try a reload of the OS. Sometimes during a download, there is a hick-up that misses part of the programming. It's happened to me before as well.

Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
Contributor

I have whatsapp on all the time, dunno if that affects a great deal...then again, I had it running all the time when I was on 570 and it still gave me 1.5 days on average, now I get barely 1 daySmiley Sad i'll wait another day n see. Btw, how do u reload the same OS?
Super Contributor

Hey, check this thread. It's addressing the same issue you are having. See if it helps.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch/My-BB-Torch-is-a-disaster-every-day-it-gets-...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Vodafone has released OS .666 for the Torch (and other devices).

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=9461CCE28EBE3E76FB4B931C35A169B0

Something about that release number I just don't care for.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor

Lol your just being superstitious.

What? Another new version?... I just upgraded mine to 600 and get almost a full day battery life on heavy usage in the day. So far so good.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64 GB (used on Wi-Fi); 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile-US (for 9900)

Loaded up ver 600 from Vodafone a few days ago. Battery drains in less than a day.

No extra apps are open!!

I see that Telus has v 6.0.0.695, but I'll have to go to a PC (can't load these bundles from a MacBook with the Mac Desktop software) -- unless someone has a way around that.

Got a new battery, since my wife is using the Torch -- but that drains just as fast. Seems that once in a while something happens and drains the battery down to zero _quickly_. Don't know what is doing that. It's also happened on other models that I've used in the past; at least it wasn't frequent.