Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

*9800 TORCH NEW SOFTWARE OS UPDATE - ANNOUCMENT TODAY - (v6.0.0.695)

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/06/rim-pushes-out-software-update-for-blackberry-torch-promises-sp/

Has anyone applied this firmware update yet and noticed any postive changes?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: *9800 TORCH NEW SOFTWARE OS UPDATE - ANNOUCMENT TODAY - (v6.0.0.695)

[ Edited ]

it was available yesterday by AT&T

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch-9800-smartphone/Latest-supported-OS-version-...

I have been on a leaked version of it for over a week now.

This Torch RAWKS!

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

If I go to Software Updates on my Torch I see this version...can I just download it right on to my Torch?

Can anyone point me to the best procedure for doing the update?

Thanks.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Yes you can do it over the air, but please do a device backup prior to doing so.I have seen a few failed upgrades in the past and with out a backup you will be out of luck.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Did the update then restored all my settings/data...went pretty flawlessly via the BB Desktop Software.

Let's just hope this fixes the GUI issues now.

Guru III
My Device:

You should notice an improvement

My Device: ATT torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

No improvements, just new issues.  Man am I mad! I almost drove into a tree trying to get one app to close so I can see my Nav app. What the hell was this upgrade supposed to fix anyway!?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Gemini5 wrote:

No improvements, just new issues.  Man am I mad! I almost drove into a tree trying to get one app to close so I can see my Nav app. What the hell was this upgrade supposed to fix anyway!?

Its all in the Engadget link that was first posted, there are a few things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

Into a tree? Pease don't use it while driving. Set your course before you take off.